Saturday, August 26, 2006


Okay, okay, it's been a while since I've posted. Deal with it.

I decided early this week that I was going to start playing WoW more regularly again. So today (Saturday), I decided to re-install WoW on my recently wiped machine. So, while I'm installing (and updating), I'm playing Eve-online, which is kind of like MS Excel in space (don't ask). I get the whole thing installed and updated, and it worked fine. Good. Step 1 done.

Next I installed Teamspeak. This went okay as well. I needed to search my gmail account for the email that my friend sent with his TS server info. I tried to use google desktop search because it always searches my email account on my work machine just fine. For some reason it wasn't searching my email, so I decided to download a new version of google desktop and see if I could get it to work, etc.

Well, I'm not necessarily blaming google for this, because I was doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time, but after the install (and the required reboot), my machine booted very slowly, the TCPIP stack seemed to get hosed somehow, and after two or three reboots, and various attempts to use task manager to find the bugger causing all of the trouble, I decided to use microsoft's system restore and go back before when I had the problem.

That worked great, problem gone, machine running fine, network was back, etc. Only, here's the rub: I had to go back to yesterday sometime (last restore point available), and when I did, you guessed it, WoW got hosed in the process. ACK!

Time to start feeding my computer WoW install disks again. Maybe I'll be on by sometime tomorrow.


Post a Comment

<< Home